Praedictix strives to be a primary weather resource for their clients by providing context and perspective. There is no one-size-fits-all weather. Praedictix is committed to creating carefully tailored forecasts, analyses and presentations unlike any weather app or website out there. Our industries range from risk management and forensic weather to broadcasting and digital content. Praedictix was founded by Paul Douglas (veteran meteorologist, climate analyst, and “serial” entrepreneur) in 2008 and is located in Eden Prairie, Minnesota (a suburb of Minneapolis).
We are seeking a full-time meteorologist who is truly passionate about weather. This role entails producing and broadcasting dozens of weather segments for both national and international clients. While the majority of this role is on-air, there will also be opportunities to provide consultation to our corporate clients (briefings, written weather forecasts, etc.). A strong work ethic is a must as is the ability to learn quickly. We pride ourselves on having a friendly, positive, collaborative work environment, and preserving our office culture is critical. The right candidate would take pride in their work and would be easy to work with. We don’t believe in contracts. Bottom line: if you don’t want to work for us, we don’t want you to work for us.
- Produce and broadcast dozens of local, regional, and national weather for the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean.
- Meteorological consulting, which includes written, phone, and video briefings/consults for corporate clients.
- Social media and blogging.
- Occasional marketing projects include, but are not limited to:
- Demo shows for prospects
- Attending conferences
- Engaging in sales meetings if requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Atmospheric Science/Meteorologist
- Experience in broadcasting: 2 years (minimum)
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills.
- Good working knowledge of computers.
- Good understanding of social media.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to collaborate.
- Non-traditional work hours (includes 2nd/3rd shift hours, weekends, and holidays).
- AMS Certification
- Experience with national weather coverage.
- Experience in weather consulting–especially risk management.
- Video editing and Photoshop experience.
- Computer programming.
For inquiries, please contact Susie Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org.